Chemical Peels can help enhance and smooth the texture of your skin. Chemical Peels can be an effective treatment for facial blemishes, wrinkles, and uneven skin pigmentation. Chemical Peels work by exfoliate the outer layers of dead skin, revealing a new skin layer with improved tone, texture, and color.
Chemical peels can help improve the look of the skin and can help even out skin tone. Once the peel is applied the old skin will shed off at an accelerated rate and the newer skin is usually softer and has fewer wrinkles than the old skin. Chemical peels can be done on the face, neck, or hands. They can be used to:
- Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth.
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging
- Improve the appearance of mild scars
- Treat certain types of acne
- Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills
- Improve the look and feel of skin
Areas of sun damage may improve after chemical peeling.
After a chemical peel, skin is temporarily more sensitive to the sun, so wear sunscreen every day. It should say “broad-spectrum” on the label, meaning it protects against the sun’s UVA and UVB rays. Also, it should be a physical sunscreen and be above SPF 30. Limit your time in the sun, especially between the hours of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., and wear a wide-brimmed hat.